| Friday, September 29, 2006
| Blonde Girl's Birthday!
Tomorrow is my friend Blonde Girl's birthday! Because she is so nice to me and wrote a post in my honor, I decided to make her a birthday cake.
And it's chocolate! :) So, have a piece AFTER you go over and wish her happy birthday.
Happy Birthday BlondeGirl!!
|posted by Susan @ 1:04 PM
|You Belong in Fall|
Intelligent, introspective, and quite expressive at times...
You appreciate the changes in color, climate, and mood that fall brings
Whether you're carving wacky pumpkins or taking long drives, autumn is a favorite time of year for you
|posted by Susan @ 12:40 PM
| Tuesday, September 26, 2006
| Nine Layers....
|Saw this meme over at Blonde Girl's place, so I SHAMELESSLY stole it because I love me a good meme....
Current Location: Ohio
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Brown
Righty or Lefty: Righty
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
**Updated to add - I changed some of this by request so no one has to worry about me being stalked or having my personal information stolen. (Is this okay Jeana?)
Your heritage: Mostly German
The shoes you wore today: Black sandals
Your weakness: Books, children, animals, the homeless...the list goes on and on!
Your fears: Growing old alone.
Your perfect pizza: Ham, bacon & extra cheese!
Goal you would like to achieve: debt-free and married
Your most overused phrase: Ya know
Your first waking thoughts: 5 more minutes!
Your best physical feature: eyes
Your most missed memory: My grandpa
Pepsi or Coke: Coke
McDonald's or Burger King: McDonald's
Single or group dates: Both
Adidas or Nike: Adidas
Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Doesn't matter
Chocolate or vanilla: Chocolate, of course
Cappuccino or coffee: Either
Sing: You bet.
Take a shower everyday: Most of the time
Do you think you have been in love: Yes
Want to go to college: Maybe
Liked high school: I think maybe four or five minutes of it.
Want to get married: Yes!
Believe in yourself: Sometimes. I should believe in myself more.
Get motion sickness: Sometimes
Think you are attractive: No.
Think you are a health freak: No.
Get along with your parent(s): For the most part
Like thunderstorms: No!
Play an instrument: Piano (kind of)
In the past month have you:
Drank alcohol: Yes
Done a drug: Not unless you count ibuprofen
Made Out: No
Gone on a date: No
Gone to the mall?: Um....no
Eaten an entire box of Oreos?: No
Eaten sushi: No
Been on stage: No
Been dumped: nope
Gone skating: nope
Made homemade cookies: No
Gone skinny dipping: No
Dyed your hair: No
Stolen Anything: No
Have you ever:
Played a game that required removal of clothing: Yes, once
If so, was it mixed company: No
Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: Yes
Been caught doing something: Sure.
Been called a tease: Yes
Gotten beaten up: Once
Shoplifted: Once, when I was like 17, I felt so guilty I'll never ever do it again
Changed who you were to fit in: Yes
Age you hope to be married: Way past that age now
Numbers and Names of Children: Zero
Describe your Dream Wedding: Um, no, not going there.
How do you want to die: old and happy and well-funded.
What do you want to be when you grow up: A writer
What country would you most like to visit: Ireland
Number of drugs taken illegally: one
Number of people I could trust with my life: About 2 or 3
Number of CDs that I own: 50 maybe
Number of piercings:6
Number of tattoos: 6
Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper?: Once, when I was born
Number of scars on my body: Who knows?
Number of things in my past that I regret: A few
|posted by Susan @ 3:35 PM
| Friday, September 22, 2006
| Dating Service woes...
|Okay, so I mentioned last Friday that I visited a dating service. And I said I'd post about it. So here goes.... (Please note, I will not be naming the dating service...well because I'm humilated that I actually went to visit one.)
So anywho....I have recently tried the online dating thing. I signed up for Eharmony. So far, no luck by the way. I did a Google search on 'online dating' and came across a dating service. Intrigued, I signed up and was told I'd be contacted in the next few days.
Okay I thought, whatever. Imagine my surprise when the next day while I was at lunch my cell phone rang. Not recognizing the phone #, I answered with a leery "Hello??" This sweet little voice was on the end.
Sweet Voice: Susan?
Sweet Voice: This is (we'll call her cheerleader because that is what she sounded like) Cheedleader from Anonymous Dating and I'd like to ask you a few questions.
Chearleader: Proceeds with questions.
Apparently, I answered all of the questions correctly and sounded desperate enough, so I qualified. I had an appointment for the following evening to meet with said Cheerleader.
I arrived at Anonymous Dating and was escorted into a small sitting area. The pictures on the wall were Renaissance type prints - you know, the damsel in distriss and white knight. (Seriously) I was asked to fill out paperwork and to wait patiently because Cheerleader was with another "client".
Natural Woman was playing over the speakers, the carpet was a really bad shade of marroon....my stomach was jumping. I had a bad feeling. Everything felt so cheap and ... well CHEAP!
I was finally introduced to Cheerleader who was a very small size 2 (not saying anything bad about size 2's...but when you are a size 16...it's a little discouraging) and perky as all get out. She instantly got on my nerves.
We went to her perky office and sat down at her perky conference table...and she started with the sales pitch. It was a video/internet type dating service and by the time she was finished with her pitch, I was looking around the Knight in Shining Armour because she just about guaranteed it.
It sounded kind of interesting and fun (Yes, I'm being honest) so I said I'd be interested to hear more. I've always been a sucker for sales people anyway. She got out the glossy, shiny paper of luuuuvvvv, you know the paper with the membership deals on it. We, in a very perky manner, picked out a plan that "seemed" right for me and I held my breath as we moved on to the price part of the program.
She....flipped....over the sheet.....of ..... luuuuvvvv....
Yes, ladies and gents...that is how much it runs these days to find the perfect husband/man of your dreams.
I knew I had a bad feeling....
|posted by Susan @ 4:31 PM
| Thursday, September 21, 2006
| Cell Phone vs. Bible
|I got this yesterday in a email and wanted to share. I thought this was cool.
Cell Phone vs. Bible
I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cellphones?
What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
What if we flipped through it several times a day?
What if we used it to receive messages?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to kids as gifts?
What if we used it as we traveled?
What if we used it in case of an emergency?
What if we upgraded it to get the latest version?
This is something to make you go...hmmm...where is my Bible?
Oh, and one more thing.
Unlike our cellphones, we don't ever have to worry about our bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill!
I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh,which I will give for the life of the world.
|posted by Susan @ 7:31 AM
| Wednesday, September 20, 2006
| Cat or Dog?
|You Are: 80% Dog, 20% Cat|
|You and dogs definitely have a lot in common.You're both goofy, happy, and content with the small things in life.However, you're definitely not as needy as the average dog. You need your down time occasionally.|
|posted by Susan @ 11:32 AM
| Friday, September 15, 2006
| What a week!
|This week has been crazy! I mean really crazy.
Let's see if I can sum all of this up.
Last Friday, Tim's daughter (Mom's boyfriend) left her two children home alone while she went up the street, a block and a half up the street, to buy drugs. Her children are almost 2 and 3. We will call them Micheal and Jason. (Not their real names. Protection for the little ones.)
Tim's parents who are 66 & 68 have temporary custody of the children right now and could possibly have them for the next 30 days to 6 months. I have been there every night this week, after seeing my dad or running my errands trying to help out with the boys.
Micheal - the 3 year old is still in diapers and takes a bottle. He has no social skills and has a tendancy to be violent. He barely speaks, mostly grunts. He will be 4 in March.
Jacob - will be 2 in October. He is a little more advanced then his brother but is more violent.
I cannot begin to tell you everything that has happened to these two little boys. It would take days, possibly even weeks to tell you everything they have been through.
Tuesday, we got back to court. We'll see what happens then. If you don't mind, could you pray for them? They need all the help they can get right now.
Mom's thyroid tests came back. It is NOT cancer but she does have to have her thyroid taken out.
My brother failed his drug test and will be going back to jail.
My father hopes to move soon. His strength is slowly coming back and he's already been out looking at apartments. (Great news!)
I had a fabulous time at Cedar Point! I cannot wait to go back! I met two great women and had a ball. I really hope they invite me again next year!
I checked out a dating service last night. I don't have time to post about it now but it's a pretty funny story. I'll have to write about it later.
How has everyone's week been?
Have a great weekend if I don't talk to you!
|posted by Susan @ 10:12 AM
| What kind of flower are you?
|posted by Susan @ 9:19 AM
| Monday, September 11, 2006
| 9-11-01 - I will not forget
|It was a regular day as far I could tell.
I had been at work about an hour. The day seemed to be running smoothly. I remember yawning into my Sierra Mist.
Co-worker Steve - Hey....a plane just hit the Twin Tower!
Me - Huh? Where is that?
Co-worker DeAnna - New York I think...
Steve - (phone to his ear) They think it was an accident....like a plane off course or something....
Me - Oh man...how awful....
Around me the office was buzzing with the news. Over the next few minutes, everything went back to normal. I remember going back to work, thinking about all of those people...
About 20-25 minutes later our General Manager came out and made an announcement:
Folks, it seems a second plane has hit the World Trade Center. The government believes we are under attack. If you have any radios at your desk, you may turn them on now and we'll be setting up a television in the conference room.
I'd never heard the office that quiet since I started.
My first call was to John @ Davis & Warsaw. A customer of ours in Maspeth, NY.
Me - Are you alright?
John - Yes! We could see the planes hit from our windows! I can't believe it!
Me - John, are you okay? Seriously?
John - Yes! This is unbelievable. Susan, I can't describe it....what is going on?!?!
About that time the phone went dead.
I remember feeling panic rush into my system. I wanted to go home! I wanted to be with my family!
I called my mother...
..........Mom, what is going on? I don't know...Mom, could it happen to us?....I don't know...
I called my father...
......Dad, are you watching the news? Yes...(sounds of sobbing) this is so awful...
>>>>>A plane has hit the Pentagon...
>>>>>A plane has gone down in Somerset PA.....
I left at lunch and drove to dads house to watch the news cast. I remember sitting on the couch with dad, crying and holding onto eachother. I sang Amazing Grace and prayed out loud all the way back to work.
It is all really blurry to me. I don't know if my mind just could not handle it and maybe blocked out emotions or feelings...I just remember that was the strangest day. I was horrifed and scared. I wanted to be with my loved ones and never let go. I remember crying and praying and crying some more...
There was no laughter that day. No smiles or jokes. The whole office was stunned and quiet. We had trucks to stop, customers to call, plans to make. Business continued though most of us went through the motions like robots.
I remember driving home with the news on, meeting my current boyfriend at the house, holding onto him, my mother, my brother...crying for the loss our country had, the terror our country felt...crying because I could not imagine or understand what was happening.
Our family went to dinner that night, then watched the President speak. I remember going to bed that night, thanking God for my life and for my safety.
I can still close my eyes and see those planes hit. I will never forget.
|posted by Susan @ 1:19 PM
| Friday, September 08, 2006
| 100 things!
|This is my 100th post! I had no idea when I started this blog in February that I would get to 100 posts! So, in honor of that, I guess I will list 100 things about myself (or try to). Look out!
- My name is Susan.
- My middle name is Marie
- Marie came from my great grandmother. It is family tradition to carry on this name.
- I am 27 years old. Soon to be 28....well In December
- I get depressed thinking about 30.
- I really hope that by the time I am 30, I am at least married.
- I believe God has a plan for me though. Sometimes I'd just like to call him up and ask him what it is and what is taking him so long. :)
- My mother's name is Donna.
- My father's name is Frank.
- My brother's name is James.
- I only wear silver/white gold jewelry.
- I know, it's weird but I hate gold jewelry. I love it on other people though.
- 13 is my favorite #. It's my birthday!
- This is bad, I'm already running out of things to say.
- When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a lawyer.
- Then a teacher.
- Then a nurse. (That was SO short lived.)
- Then my father took me to the trucking company he owned.
- I think I was stoned from the diesel fuel smell but I knew right then I wanted to be in trucking.
- I don't regret that choice.
- I do wonder sometimes though what my life would have been like if I would have gone to law school or got my teaching degree.
- My biggest goal in life is to have a family and be happy. I really want my own kids.
- I wonder sometimes if that will ever happen.
- I am kind of depressed today.
- Sometimes I think I should run off and be a nun or maybe join the circus.
- I could train the elephants!
- I love roller coasters.
- But I am afraid of heights.
- And of spiders. Okay, really just bugs in general.
- I love almost all animals.
- I'm not really crazy about skunks though. THEY SMELL.
- I have 6 tattoos.
- 2 piercings in my left ear - 3 in my right.
- I have my tongue pierced as well.
- It didn't hurt.
- It hurt more the next day.
- I sounded like I was drunk for like 5 days after I got it done.
- Now I forget it is there.
- I'm kind of bored with it now.
- So over it.
- Might take it out soon.
- My mother almost had a stroke when I got it done.
- She is used to it now as well.
- My mom has 2 tattoos.
- My brother has 3.
- My father is the only one that has no ink or piercings.
- I already have my kids named picked out. (If/when I have any)
- Olivia Marie
- Mason James
- James is also a family name.
- I played no sports in school.
- I was in the band and chorus though.
- I hated being in the band.
- Loved to sing.
- Is this list over yet?
- Have you even made it this far?
- I love SpongeBob Square Pants.
- And dolphins.
- I also collect Snow Globes.
- Last night, I got a part time job at Lane Bryant.
- I am very excited about this job.
- Of course who wouldn't be?
- I get a 40% discount on their clothes!
- Most of you probably don't even know what Lane Bryant is.
- Because all of you are SKINNY.
- Alas, I am not skinny.
- I am thinking about permining my hair.
- I just do not want to look like a poodle on drugs.
- My hair is very, very think.
- I am also afraid that the perm will not hold.
- I used to get them (perms) when I was younger and they would only last 2-3 weeks.
- I love being with kids.
- That is why I want my own....someday.
- I want to marry a man like my Grandpa.
- But I think God broke the mold when he made him.
- This makes me sad sometimes.
- I really dream of being married.
- Hopefully, that is in Gods plan.
- I am reading the newest Nora Robert's book Morrigan's Cross.
- I really am enjoying it.
- I love to read.
- I have more books than .... well.... I don't know, I just have alot!
- I have never been on a train.
- Or a subway.
- Or a taxi.
- I have never been west of Indiana.
- But I have been South and North of Ohio.
- I have a pretty boring, average life.
- I wish I had a special talent, like singing or writing.
- I've always dreamt of writing a book and having it published.
- Or singing at a concert and having people like my music.
- My favorite color is blue.
- I have hazel eyes.
- People compliment my eyes.
- It embarrasses me.
- I don't take compliments well.
- OH MY GOSH! Almost done!
- Thanks for reading this!
|posted by Susan @ 10:22 AM
| Thursday, September 07, 2006
| Tag! You are it!
|Saw this meme over at Minnie's place, so I SHAMELESSLY tagged myself....
1. If you make sweet tea, do you use Luzianne, Lipton or _______ whatever your brand is?
Ummm...we use Lipton and it HAS to be sweet. Unsweet-tea is NASTY! Nasty I tell you!
2. What brand of toilet paper do you buy, and is it the larger rolls or regular?
Charmin, double roll.
3. Which brand of bath soap do you use? Is it body wash or bar style? Suave - Sweet Pea and Lavender
4. Which cereal do you buy for yourself?
Honey Nut Cheerios or Apple Jacks
5. What brand of dishwasher detergent do you use and is it liquid or tablets? We use Electrosol (sp?) tablets.
6. What is your favorite fruit to eat? Pears!
7. Which brand of clothes detergent do you use?
All - I am allergice to everything else.
8. Do you like chocolate?
What kind of question is this....do I LIKE chocolate......AS I LIVE AND BREATH!
9. Are you right-handed or left-handed?
10. Do you still write checks or use a debit card?
I am the debit card MASTER! I never carry cash. I do write checks about once a month for those pesky companies that won't take payments online!
Updated to add: I totally missed 5&6! Sorry about that!
|posted by Susan @ 3:59 PM
| Here I am!
Hello there! Sorry I was off a bit there.
-I had a great weekend with my family. It was nice to have an extra day off. How was your long weekend?
- We went to the Oktoberfest here in town. It was so lame. German beer, German food and really, really bad German music. It was sad. I thought they would have crafts or something.
-I got to feed deer at the wildlife nature perserve though. That was really neat! They had turkeys too!
-My dad is doing SO much better. He's got his color back, his eyes are clear and he's GAINING WEIGHT! Yes, you heard me correctly. For the first time since he got sick, I feel that there is hope. Again, thank you all for praying! Thank you God for listening!
-Down side...mom is having some tests run. She may/may not have thyroid cancer. (I know, it sounds made up but it is true. You can ask her.) We have refused to claim anything is wrong with her. May seem silly but we are holding out!
-My face is breaking out like I am a 12 year old. Suggestions anyone? I have been using Estee Lauder's Sparkling clean and I don't know if it is helping. Which is a total bummer because this stuff is expensive. Thoughts? Suggestions? Opinions? HELP! Think I should see a dermatologist? I have tried so much and NOTHING is helping. I hate this.
-Guess what I am doing this weekend???????? Have you guessed? No...well I AM GOING TO CEDAR POINT! I am SO EXCITED!
Okay that is the update on me! How are you guys doing?
I am off to do a meme that I shamelessly tagged myself for!
|posted by Susan @ 2:56 PM
| Friday, September 01, 2006
| Labor Day!
|Have a safe and happy holiday everyone!
See you Tuesday! :)
|posted by Susan @ 4:29 PM